Display inversion

Things that aren't right, that are in the queue to be fixed... along with workarounds.
Xeno

Display inversion

Post by Xeno » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:57 pm

I am content that there is no portrait layout of the 12E, only landscape, but it bothers me that I can turn the iPhone only one way.

Some other apps allow you to turn the phone either way and the interface will flip accordingly. This helps when you have more than one app which you use in landscape, and have a "natural" direction in which you turn the display. Unfortunately, the 12E is inverted compared with my natural turn.

Can fixing this be added to the wish-list please?

theDev

Re: Display inversion

Post by theDev » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:09 am

I can try... OS2.1 added an interesting "feature" that caused the app to leave the status bar stuck in portrait mode if rotation of the display was allowed... so I had to disable rotation. But it's certainly something that I can play with!

I REALLY appreciate your participation on the board BTW!

Kim

Xeno

Post by Xeno » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:54 pm

Thank you. I'm an old bloke, you see :D, with past lives in both computing and finance.

To clarify my request in the hope it may be easier for you, I was after the ability to see 12E in landscape mode whether I turned the iPhone so it was horizontal to the left or right, so that the display would never be upside down. I have seen this trick with other apps. I am not asking for a portrait mode because that would involve redesigning key layouts and that just makes people forget where to put their fingers from one layout to the other.

theDev

Post by theDev » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:33 pm

got it! The thing about portrait mode came up because when you flip the phone around, SOMETIMES it will be in the portrait position long enough for the OS to think it's in portrait mode -- and then the OS sets things to portrait mode and the status bar got stuck. The only "fix" for this was to disable sensitivity to orientation (kind of a knee jerk thing, but when an OS release breaks your app or makes it realllllly ugly one does as quickly as one can).

There must be a way, I've got an idea or two on how to trick the system that I'll try out.

No promises, ok?

Kim