Can't enter period for amortization

Things that aren't right, that are in the queue to be fixed... along with workarounds.
Stukauf

Can't enter period for amortization

Post by Stukauf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:46 pm

I can't get the "n" button to accept an entry. Could this be a problem with the I Pone or the calculator program. I don't notice any area of the touch screen that doesn't work when I'm on the phone or other programs.

theDev

Re: Can't enter period for amortization

Post by theDev » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:46 pm

That is not good... I haven't heard of any one else with this issue so I don't quite know what to say especially if the touchscreen works otherwise. It could be a touchscreen issue, that button is pretty high up on the screen when it's in portrait mode so you might not have noticed.

About the only thing I can think of to try is turning the phone around so the square button is on the "other side" and see if that changes anything. If it is a touchscreen hardware problem, then maybe the minus sign will stop working.

You might also try the power off reset trick. Press and hold the top go-to-sleep button until it asks you if you want to power off your device. Do so then press the go-to-sleep button again to turn it back on.

And finally try deleting the application and resyncing it from iTunes (BE SURE TO SYNC TO iTUNES BEFORE YOU DELETE! That will back up your phone first just in case). If that doesn't work I'd check with the genius' and/or call Apple.

I wish you the best but don't know of any good way I can help.

Let me know how you fare --

Stukauf

Post by Stukauf » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:13 am

TheDev
After trying you suggestion about turning the phone over and finding that the "n" key worked but the but then the the dived thru pluss keys didn't work I concluded I clearly have a hardware problem. Thanks for your response. I can at least get thing to work although I have to flip the phone depending on what I have to do.

theDev

Post by theDev » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:18 pm

Stukauf... I'm sorry it's your phone, hopefully you have Applecare and can get it fixed?

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Kim